Tuesday, April 18, 2006

at the compu

I'm in Amsterdam. I know it's been a while--some have even labeled feather two pixels sporadic. If only you all knew how strongly it's going in my mind. ...Sporadic! That hurts.

But anyways: yeah, Amsterdam. Nowell's second of three weddings happens in less than one week in Tuscany. Joe and I are taking advantage of the opportunity which has brought us to the beautiful land of Holland. And the Dutch are really with it. Almost too with it! They seem to all sit and make jokes while we bumble about, trying to make sense of their nonsensical city. Laugh all you want at me, tulip man, but at least Lady Liberty doesn't build her cities in a series of concentric rings. It doesn't matter how aligned you feel, you are never walking straight for long in Amsterdam.

We had a good day though. We rented our own set of clunky European bikes this morning (helmets are not even an option) and cruised around the whole city. Three of the four "high"lights actually happened to us today:

1. Didn't go to the zoo because it was too expensive.

2. Didn't go to the botanical gardens because it was too expensive.

3. Didn't go to the Windmill brewery place cause it was closed on Tuesday.

4. Watched a group sex show in which a 14 year old girl put a cobra in her vagina. Were encouraged to join in.

As you can see, its been a full day. I'm back at the hostel bar where there is no refuge from the endless assault of techno music that starts when one wakes up, follows one around all day, and pretty much puts one to bed here.

Tomorrow we take a train to Bonn, where Anna the German Explainer will host us for a night as we creep closer to our destiny in Tuscany, though I am a little disappointed to be away from SF for the 100th anniversary of the big quake.

As for what else has been going on, here is another list:

1. Worked my right index finger to the bone to finish up series two for the pretend art show on the 28th.

2. Slept in the TactileDome after the total solar eclipse that happened at 2:55AM in Side, Turkey.

3. Welcomed back Anica to Human Cross Sectional Anatomy II. She seemed legitimately reformed, though on the first exam she did cheat on every question.

4. Rain! Much has been made of SF's record 25 days of rain in March and it wasn't letting up at all as I left last Sunday.

5. I had 6 W-2 forms and it seems like everyone fucked up somehow. I owed $867 in taxes! In one night, I went from everything Milhous with 1700 in the bank to the gutter, covered in feces and sweat. It's enough to make a brother become a republican. Or at least a Libertarian. Maybe a librarian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home