Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Step-by-Step Instructions on this CD Show You How

I have not had the chance to post since I left SF, but I thought I might produce a quick update from the road. Right now I am at Tim's place in Nashua, which has got to be the retail capital of New England. We leave for Manchester International en route to Pittsburgh in less than an hour. It's going to be my first PGH homecoming since early 2002 and it seems strange to be going there, but more importantly, we will be attending the season opening Pitt game versus none other than The University of Notre Dame, which I am unbelievably excited about. As unfathomable as it is, I haven't been to a Pitt game since the year 2000. Half a fucking decade ago. It's fitting that it will be an absolutely huge game--two new head coaches open seasons against each other in a sold out, nationally televised game.

Tim explained this mini-plaza empire on the Southern frontier of New Hampshire to be a result of the state's lack of sales tax. Every day, hordes of Massholes make their way up here, making it that much harder for us locals to get to happy hour at Pzzeria Unos. Thanks to his trusting generosity, I got to explore a little further out in Tim's new MP3-equipped Saturn while he worked the twilight shift at UPS. The highlight was an absolutely surreal trip to my hometown of Winchester, Mass which is a quintessential Boston suburb that I haven't seen in 13 years. I walked around Main Street, trespassed through my old homes, and even walked through the park where I shit my pants in fifth grade--it was one of the strangest experiences ever. More on that later.

The camping trip to Baxter State Park in Maine was a success too. In short: we popped Joe's camping cherry, jumped off large rocks, hiked to the highest volcanic peak in the state, and watched the moon rise in a sky full of--what are those things called again? ...Oh yeah: stars!

OK. Gotta catch a plane. If we don't talk till then my prediction is Pitt 20 Notre Dame 17.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, thanks for blabbing to the world that I lost my camping virginity, Fischer! I thought what we shared in the tent and the lean-to over those five nights was a special act, and here you are bragging about it on the internet!? I am hurt and appalled.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

JMP: Sorry but my only rule about "special acts" is "never go ass to mouth."

NVSURLY: Your shady messege has me counting the days before i get back for my surprise! I'll post for as long as I can stay sane on vacation in front of a computer, paying for internet!

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home