Visceral Peritoneum
This will be a procrastination post. It's Friday afternoon and I am supposed to be preparing my anatomy lesson for tomorrow morning. I need to organize the acids in my brain into a state that results in me knowing everything about the GI tract by 9AM tomorrow. God dammit, how do I get myself into this kind of shit?
I'm drained as fuck, feather 2 pixel fans. The leisurely August I was romanticizing has become nothing but a series of poisonings and drives down to San Mateo. There is a mega-vacation awaiting me in mere days, but my head is not anywhere near that. There are just too many other things to think about. Right now, I'm juggling the various loose ends of five jobs (Exploratorium, Berkeley teaching, Ivy West training, private tutoring, Sonoma anatomy) as well as interviewing for another one. And "loose ends" include such elemental shit as getting paid-- how hard to get right is mailing a fucking check, Sonoma College? Jesus. I think Bilbo Baggins best captured the way I feel: butter scraped over too much bread.
Yesterday afternoon, I participated in my first ever conference call. Ford Motor Company, in what seemed like a half-hearted effort to begin the corporate training process at the earliest age possible, sponsored my Reverse Engineering course this summer and they wanted to know how it went. So I was forced to get together around a phone with all these important Berkeley people to have a conversation with a Ford representative, who was talking to us from Boston or something. I definitely appreciate the $2000 they provided for supplies, but there aren't too many positive things to say about their ghastly little reverse engineering lessons. (Although, I gotta say, I made out better than the "Planning for Business" module, which included a unit on co-opting Hip Hop culture for profit). Of course, say positive things about her ghastly little lessons I did, but the Ford rep could not see me making jerk off motions the whole time.
After that, it was straight to Ivy West headquarters to train the cloned tutor army in the ways of widening the gap between the rich and poor through $1800 SAT lessons. This was an especially rotten lot. I usually feel like I am doing something wrong when the trainees start to fade during training, but you know what? Fuck blaming myself this time. It's just this generation, I think. The trainees of six months ago were just of a different caliber, and I think it really speaks volumes to the whole umbrella of advances that the Republicans have been able to achieve in that time. There was a girl in the training who had been featured on Elimidate, Fifth Wheel, and all-star Elimidate.
And today: it was back to Edgewood Drive to tutor the next Dillon kid into the Ivy League. I worked with brother #1, Alex, for over a year and he leaves for Princeton next week. Notable as that may or may not be, what the Dillons are most known for around these parts is the scores and scores of messages left on our answering machine about every manner of detail possibly related to scheduling a tutoring lesson. I think it's fair to say that roughly half the messages ever recorded on our answering machine have been from Irene Dillon. Anyways, I tutored Andrea, sister #1, this morning. She's really smart and she says "omigod" a lot.
And finally, back to the Exploratorium to interview for a job that I already have! It wasn't too exciting beyond the fact that I still won't be receiving benefits and I won't be advancing to the coveted "Field Trip Explainer II" position like everyone else because ... I worked for free for too long... or something. Ha ha, it's OK because little do they know that I am interviewing on Monday for a Programs Developer position at the hated Tech Museum of Innovation. That'll show them, when I don't get this other job.
So would you look at that? I have managed to present a bad attitude about pretty much everything. I think my work is done here. In reality, I like having a lot of jobs, the Ford people were very nice and help make programs like ours possible in a time of uncertainty for publicly-funded outreach, Ivy West is what it is, the Dillons are my most reliable clients, and the Exploratorium remains the world's greatest science museum.
I need a fucking vacation.
I'm drained as fuck, feather 2 pixel fans. The leisurely August I was romanticizing has become nothing but a series of poisonings and drives down to San Mateo. There is a mega-vacation awaiting me in mere days, but my head is not anywhere near that. There are just too many other things to think about. Right now, I'm juggling the various loose ends of five jobs (Exploratorium, Berkeley teaching, Ivy West training, private tutoring, Sonoma anatomy) as well as interviewing for another one. And "loose ends" include such elemental shit as getting paid-- how hard to get right is mailing a fucking check, Sonoma College? Jesus. I think Bilbo Baggins best captured the way I feel: butter scraped over too much bread.
Yesterday afternoon, I participated in my first ever conference call. Ford Motor Company, in what seemed like a half-hearted effort to begin the corporate training process at the earliest age possible, sponsored my Reverse Engineering course this summer and they wanted to know how it went. So I was forced to get together around a phone with all these important Berkeley people to have a conversation with a Ford representative, who was talking to us from Boston or something. I definitely appreciate the $2000 they provided for supplies, but there aren't too many positive things to say about their ghastly little reverse engineering lessons. (Although, I gotta say, I made out better than the "Planning for Business" module, which included a unit on co-opting Hip Hop culture for profit). Of course, say positive things about her ghastly little lessons I did, but the Ford rep could not see me making jerk off motions the whole time.
After that, it was straight to Ivy West headquarters to train the cloned tutor army in the ways of widening the gap between the rich and poor through $1800 SAT lessons. This was an especially rotten lot. I usually feel like I am doing something wrong when the trainees start to fade during training, but you know what? Fuck blaming myself this time. It's just this generation, I think. The trainees of six months ago were just of a different caliber, and I think it really speaks volumes to the whole umbrella of advances that the Republicans have been able to achieve in that time. There was a girl in the training who had been featured on Elimidate, Fifth Wheel, and all-star Elimidate.
And today: it was back to Edgewood Drive to tutor the next Dillon kid into the Ivy League. I worked with brother #1, Alex, for over a year and he leaves for Princeton next week. Notable as that may or may not be, what the Dillons are most known for around these parts is the scores and scores of messages left on our answering machine about every manner of detail possibly related to scheduling a tutoring lesson. I think it's fair to say that roughly half the messages ever recorded on our answering machine have been from Irene Dillon. Anyways, I tutored Andrea, sister #1, this morning. She's really smart and she says "omigod" a lot.
And finally, back to the Exploratorium to interview for a job that I already have! It wasn't too exciting beyond the fact that I still won't be receiving benefits and I won't be advancing to the coveted "Field Trip Explainer II" position like everyone else because ... I worked for free for too long... or something. Ha ha, it's OK because little do they know that I am interviewing on Monday for a Programs Developer position at the hated Tech Museum of Innovation. That'll show them, when I don't get this other job.
So would you look at that? I have managed to present a bad attitude about pretty much everything. I think my work is done here. In reality, I like having a lot of jobs, the Ford people were very nice and help make programs like ours possible in a time of uncertainty for publicly-funded outreach, Ivy West is what it is, the Dillons are my most reliable clients, and the Exploratorium remains the world's greatest science museum.
I need a fucking vacation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home