Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes

Since I returned from Europe, I have avoided posting to this fucking blog, much like I have avoided doing anything useful. There are several reasons for this inactivity, none of which will be addressed at this juncture. No... for now the important thing is that I post something, and although it is admitedly vital to keep in the loop the four fans of my life, I can't imagine a worse homecoming topic than why I haven't written in the blog. Besides, at this point Feather Two Pixels is entertaining some serious loose ends. And as Mrs. Rice taught me in ninth grade English: all good writers tie up their loose ends.

Feather 2 Pixel job update:


[In which we track my unanticipated job interview at the Tech Museum... And the subsequent life-changing events]



So that's that! In retrospect: what a lose-lose situation! At the time, I was kind of hoping that they would reject me after that second interview. It would have made things a lot easier. But now I just feel...rejected. In addition, the way that it all played out was very annoying. My second interview was schedulued for the day before my trip. Despite that, I decided to do it and, at the interview, they let me know that their time frame was very short-if I got the job I would need to cut my travelling short, which seemed ok I guess. You know... for a real job.

I was unsure of my status at the time that I left for my trip and so it was unclear if I would have to make arrangements to come home early. I waited a few days. A week. Two weeks! At that point it wasn't really so important that I got the job, but what the fuck: I just wanted to know what was going on with my trip. Did I have to come back early? What happened to their accelerated time frame? Finally, Carly told me that I had recieved this letter at home. Nevermind that they had not even bothered to call me and instead sent me this vaguely dismissive, three-sentence letter; I just felt kind of fucked with. You go out of your way to carry out the whole process as professionally as possible yet people still take advantage of their position without any regard to your situation.

What a waste of time.

Pictures!


Here are some pictures from my trip














[
Danny and his ex ex ex ex girlfriend Tessa at the Exploratorium]















[Carly poses in front
of Cascade Lake]















[Breakfast at Tahoe]
















[Carly and Tessa look out at Lake Tahoe]
















[with Nowell and Carly the day before I left]
















[canoeing with Joe in Baxter State Park, ME]















[the requisite despondent Ben picture]
















[Joe prepares a snap at Baxter]






















[little does Joe know: we will soon run out of water on this hike]
















[ok...now we are out of water]
















[the foursome in Nashua after camping]

















[Tim and I oogle over our expensive football tickets]
















[the Winchester, MA house where I lived at age 11]
















[...and mybeloved elementary school. I slipped a note under the door
for my 5th grade teacher Mr. Frazee]






















[Schenley quad at Pitt ]
















[boating to the Pitt game]
















[belligerent Notre Dame fans. are there any other kind?]
















[Heinz Field, before the trashing ]
















[me, Stephanie, Alicia, Tim at my sister's place in Pittsburgh]
















[me, Michelle, and of Michelle's college bud at a Pgh bar]
















[my parents and I in Marseilles, France]
















[street musicians in Avignon, France]
















[mom at a hotel in Arles, France, right on the Rhone]
















[a downpour in Arles.]
















[driving to the hotel in Avignon]

















[Paris at night ]





















[Sweden, from above ]
















[Stockholm at sunset. If I had visited 2 months prior, there would have
been no sunset ]

















[a canal in Copenhagen ]

















[the Danish island of Zealand (where you'll find Copenhagen)]





















[my basic setup ]

















[the final resting place of H.C. Andersen ]




















[the most British thing I found in London was this
exhibit on how astronouts go to the bathroom ]

















[the Thames, from the Tate Modern ]



















[fear and loathing in Hyde Park ]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, I really appreciated the trip photos, especially since we've been unable to corner each other phone-ularly since you've been back. Tonight is the big birthday bash, so chances are good I'll be making loud impromptu phone calls, although that's not a good way to catch up. Glad you're back, and we'll definitely talk for real this weekend.

The Brits actually call it "wee and poo"?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

yes...happy birthday old man. enjoy the party. i hope you get a lot of pussy.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home